Unit 2: Overview Analyze the effect of the party system on the operation of state and local governments (CLO 3) essay help
Whether we are talking about national government or, in our case, state and local government, political parties are important organizing blocks. In this unit, we’ll take a look at party structure at the state and local levels, as well as the enduring nature of the two-party system. We’ll also look at how politicians, be they party members or independents, come to power in the first place. You will participate in a discussion about party strength and an assignment in which you are asked to think about election procedures.
Unit Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of the unit, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the development of the two-party system, its impact on third parties and the effect of inter-party competition (CLO 3)
- Analyze the effect of the party system on the operation of state and local governments (CLO 3)
- Outline the history of political parties in the United States (CLO 1, CLO 4)
Readings and Materials
- Textbook Readings
- Bowman and Kearney: Chapter 3
- Bowman and Kearney: Chapter 4
- Bowman and Kearney: Chapter 5
- Unit 2 Discussion
- First post due 11:59 p.m., Thursday, CT.
- Respond to two or more classmates by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, CT.
- Unit 2 Assignment Due by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, CT.
PO201DLS1A2023 State and Local Government Assignment help
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now