Unit 4: Case Study 2: What decisions did California Gov. Jerry Brown have to make to balance the California State Budget?
The student will be provided with a Case Study Video related to the current readings during Units 2, 4, and 6 of the course. After viewing the Video, the student will prepare responses to the corresponding questions and submit them by 11:59 p.m. CT Sunday.
Using information from the Case Study Video and the textbook (required) (outside readings – optional), the student should respond to each question relating to the corresponding case study. In approximately 2-3 paragraphs, respond to each question and ensure to substantiate your statements with information from your textbook. All cited material must include both internal citations and a complete reference list at the end of the paper.
1) A cover sheet should minimally indicate the Case Study number, the name of the course, the student’s name and the date.
2) Include each question before responding.
3) Double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 font
4) Make sure to add citations and references formatted according to APA style.
5) LIMIT your use of direct quotes to NO MORE than two short quotes.
Case Study 2
California Gov. Jerry Brown Makes Tough Choices to Balance State BudgetLinks to an external site.
Transcript of PBS News Hour segment – Air date Jan 15, 2013Download Transcript of PBS News Hour segment – Air date Jan 15, 2013
Please view the 11 minutes of this clip and respond to the following questions:
- What decisions did California Gov. Jerry Brown have to make to balance the California State Budget? What specific steps did he need to take to do this?
- How did Gov. Brown respond to the criticism that he was harming the less fortunate by undertaking some of these measures? What other criticisms have been lodged by detractors?
- What have been the results of these decisions in terms of California’s State Budget and on taxes on/services to different groups?
Note: Navigate to this link, Links to an external site.and in the blank preceding “Search PBS” in the upper right hand corner, enter the words “State Government Budget Process.” From the list of video clips provided, select the clip titled, “California Gov. Jerry Brown on Balancing the State Budget: California Gov. Jerry Brown Makes Tough Choices to Balance State Budget.”
Unit 4: Lessons Learned: reflect on what they have learned about public budgeting and finance
Needs help with similar assignment?
We are available 24x7 to deliver the best services and assignment ready within 3-4 hours? Order a custom-written, plagiarism-free paperGet Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now